IT user support technicians are responsible for providing technical support, advice and guidance for internal/external users of IT systems and applications, either directly or by telephone, e-mail or other network interaction.
Current Entry Requirements
Entry is possible with a variety of academic qualifications and/or relevant experience. Entrants typically possess GCSEs/S grades and A levels/H grades together with appropriate NVQ/SVQ (Levels 2, 3 or 4) or an equivalent vocational qualification. Some employers may demand a relevant degree. Training is provided off- and on-the-job supplemented by specialised courses. Postgraduate and professional qualifications and apprenticeships in some areas are available.
Typical education level:Level 1-3
related to this Career
- BTEC First in Creative and Information Technology Extended CertificateFTLevel 21 Year
- Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3) in IT ProfessionalsFTLevel 32 Years
- Higher National Diploma (HND) in Computer Systems DevelopmentFTLevel 52 Years
- Subject AreaApprenticeships
- Subject AreaHigher Education
- Subject AreaIT and Media Production
- Subject AreaVocational