Finance officers oversee book-keeping, general accounting and other financial and related clerical functions mainly within local government and a variety of public sector organisations.
Current Entry Requirements
Entrants will normally possess GCSEs/S grades (including maths), a finance-related qualification at an appropriate level and have relevant work experience.
Typical education level:Level 4-6
- Oversees the recording and checking of daily financial transactions, the preparation of provisional balances and reconciliation of accounts.
- Prepares or arranges the preparation of financial reports for managers.
- Plans work schedules and assigns tasks to financial clerks.
- Coordinates the activities and resources of finance departments.
related to this Career
- Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3) in Accounting (AAT)FTLevel 318 - 24 Months
- AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Association of Accounting TechniciansPTLevel 21 Year
- AAT Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Association of Accounting TechniciansPTLevel 31 Year
- AAT Level 4 Professional Diploma in Association of Accounting TechniciansPTLevel 41 Year
- CIMA Level 5 Diploma in Chartered Institute of Management Accounting (Operational Level)PTLevel 51 Year
- Subject AreaAccounting
- Subject AreaApprenticeships
- Subject AreaBusiness
- Subject AreaVocational