This Apprenticeship consists of a mixture of blended learning in the work place and taught delivery at Loughborough College. Learner or company to pay for CIM professional membership which is £65 per year.
This occupation is found in every sector and industry including manufacturing, retail, IT, automotive, service industries (financial services, health care, professional services, etc), and across large, medium and small commercial, public sector and not-for-profit organisations. Roles can sit within a specific company/agency that provides marketing deliverables and advice to external clients, or within an internal marketing team, delivering marketing activities to drive that business.
The broad purpose of the occupation is to support customer focussed marketing activities that drive the demand for a product or service through awareness raising and/or perception building to generate results to the bottom line. As part of the Marketing team the Marketing Assistant will contribute to the implementation of the Marketing strategy and plans. They will be responsible for delivering day-to-day marketing activities across a multitude of platforms, channels and systems that are essential to the Marketing function and activities of the company.
It is typically the entry route for many Marketing professionals who progress their career into more senior marketing positions.
- Rated outstanding for apprenticeships in our June 2017 ofsted inspection
Off the Job Training Provided
On-programme is the learning phase for Apprentices to apply the academic theory to their own organisations and role, and to capture the skills, knowledge and behaviours developed on the programme and in the workplace. To achieve this, Apprentices need to complete off-the-job training during the on-programme phase of their Apprenticeship, this is tracked and monitored through our e-portfolio. This might be achieved through shadowing colleagues, E-learning, internal training and research as well as taught sessions by Loughborough College.
Regular formative assessment, development of a portfolio demonstrating learning and development activities with their application in the workplace and a work based project. As part of the qualification, Apprentices must complete all units and be competent in real work environment.
Marketing assistant / Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education
- Create and edit content
- Publish editorial, creative and video content via social media
- Specify, purchase and quality assure marketing goods and services from external suppliers
- Manage the cataloguing of offline and digital marketing assets
- Monitor and evaluate marketing delivery effectiveness
- Contribute to the planning, delivery or evaluation of marketing activity
- Use appropriate primary and secondary research methods
- Monitor marketing expenditure and activities
- Efficiently and effectively source creative assets
- Establish and maintain effective day to day relationships and communication between the marketing function and internal and external stakeholders
- Implement marketing activities through marketing administration
Where youcan work
Typical job titles include:
- Brand Assistant
- Marketing Assistant
- Marketing Campaigns Assistant
- Marketing Communications Assistant
- Promotional Assistant
- Start date is set college Cohorts – September and January – Enrolment to take place the month prior to cohort start date. (Cohort start w/c – 12th Sep and 9th Jan)
- The apprenticeship is primarily based in the workplace.
- Within the first 12 months additional training is delivered at Loughborough College on Tuesday evenings, 5 - 9pm - Portfolio Workshop with Trainer Assessor and Delivery session (Dates to be provided on enrolment)
Entry Requirements & Functional Skills
Typically, 4 GCSE’s at Grade 4/C or above, including Level 2 or GCSE C/4 or above in English.
If an Apprentice has not already achieved Level 2 (GCSE C/4 or above) English & Maths they must: -Study for and achieve Functional Skills Level 2 English & Maths.
Initial Assessment on enrolment Level 1 Maths & English
- L3 Apprenticeship Standard in Marketing Assistant
- L2 Functional Skills English and maths (if required)
- End Point Assessment Organisation (EPAO) of choice is CIM
- L4 Marketing Executive
Get in touch
Speak to one of our business development experts about how we can help you to grow your business.
Call: 01509 515461
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information contained on this website is correct, the College accepts no liability for any errors or omissions. Please note that details are subject to change without notice with regard to the provision of courses, course times and dates and the fees and charges levied.