Here at Loughborough College, we recognise how important it is to ensure that everything runs smoothly when you take on an Apprentice. We work with you throughout the Apprenticeship recruitment process to get you the right candidate, but our support doesn’t stop there.
Dedicated Account Manager
You will have a dedicated Account Manager who will be on hand to deal with any enquiries in the first few weeks of taking on your Apprentice before their training kicks in. This support will help guide you through the first stages of an Apprenticeship and iron out any difficulties that may arise.
Apprentice Performance Reviews:
Once your apprentice has settled in our academic team will take over; providing a Trainer Assessor to take care of their welfare.
Every 10-12 weeks, your Apprentice will undergo a performance review to ensure you are getting the best out of them and them their training and job role.
The Trainer Assessor will be on hand to offer pastoral care to the apprentice and additional support where necessary.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD):
Our Business Development Consultants may also be able to work with you to identify other training needs within your business that may enhance or compliment your existing structures.
This one-day programme is designed to introduce your team leaders, supervisors and/or managers to mentoring and coaching practices.
It will give them an understanding of the needs of the apprentice, the skills they need to become a mentor or coach and an understanding of models of good practice to use to ensure a positive outcome.
According to the Daily Telegraph (5th February 2011), employers are finding that young people starting the Apprenticeship scheme find it hard to adapt to working life, longer working hours and early morning starts. Research suggests that by using mentoring and coaching practices it reduces drop out rates, supports improvements in performance and enhances confidence levels of young people from diverse community groups.
The benefits to your organisation in adopting a mentoring and coaching approach are:
- Integrates the apprentice into the organisation quickly
- Improves attitude towards their contributions through being directed and supported
- Gains in productivity and improved performance of the apprentice
- Allows for skills to be enhanced and transferred at a faster rate
- Increased opportunities for on-the job learning that reduces off-the job training costs
- Cost effective
- Retention of quality staff
- Issues facing the apprentice at a personal and professional level
- Interpersonal relationships
- Mentoring and Coaching Skills
- Positive psychology
- Mentoring and coaching theories and models
Those taking part in this powerful session will:
- Understand the purpose and importance of mentoring and coaching apprentices
- Have an awareness of the issues facing young people today in and outside of the workplace
- Identify skills required to become a coach and/or mentor
- Have initial understanding of the purpose of using positive psychology with young people
- Be able to use specific and appropriate models relating to coaching and mentoring
All of our programmes can be tailored to suit your specific needs.
Get in touch
Speak to one of our business development experts about how we can help you to grow your business.
Call: 01509 515461