With our range of Hospitality and Catering courses, there has never been a better time to join this thriving industry. Trained in our on-site, commercial restaurant, our students have found success in high profile regional and national competitions and have gained successful employment in a range of sectors.
Whether you are aspiring towards a career in Hospitality and Catering or you simply want to enhance your dinner party skills, we provide a great learning experience in a fully-equipped, professional environment.
You will gain real work experience serving the public in our industry-standard kitchen, restaurant, and bar, as well as potential work placements in the UK and in Europe. You will also be given opportunities to enter local, national, and international competitions such as World Skills, the Welsh International Culinary Championships, Brakes Student Team Challenge, British Culinary Federation Salon Culinaire, and the North Warwickshire and Hinckley College Salon Culinaire.
The hospitality and catering industry is estimated to employ 1.75 million people in England, is the UK's 4th largest industry, and accounts for 27.7% of total jobs growth. It is estimated that there will be 3.09 million people employed in this industry by 2020.
- City and Guilds Level 1 Certificate in Culinary and Restaurant SkillsFTLevel 11 Year
- City and Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Culinary Skills (Larder) or Culinary Skills (Pattisserie)FTLevel 21 Year
- Intermediate Apprenticeship Level 2 in Front of House ReceptionFTLevel 21 Year
- Intermediate Apprenticeship Level 2 in HousekeepingFTLevel 21 Year
- Advanced Apprentceship (Level 3) in Hospitality and CateringFTLevel 318 - 24 Months
- Level 3 Advanced Technical Diploma in Professional ChefsFTLevel 31 Year
- Foundation Degree in Hospitality ManagementFTLevel 52 Years
- BA (Hons) in Hospitality ManagementFTLevel 61 Year
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information contained on this website is correct, the College accepts no liability for any errors or omissions. Please note that details are subject to change without notice with regard to the provision of courses, course times and dates and the fees and charges levied.
Find out more
at an Open Day
It's great to read about a college and what it has to offer but there's really no substitute for experiencing it at an Open Day.
At our Open Days, our expert staff are on hand to tell you about our courses and what careers they lead to.
They'll also guide you through our application process, explain the different kinds of support available, and talk to you about the huge variety of enrichment activities that you can be part of.
With opportunities to talk to our current students, as well as take part in tours of our campus and halls of residence, an Open Day really is the best way to get a feel for what it's like to be a Loughborough College student.