Our professional accountancy courses give you the opportunity to update your skills, gain a qualification, and, as a result, enhance your career prospects.
In industry and commerce accountants use their financial expertise to inform management decision-making, to advise other departments within their organisation and to maximise profitability and effectiveness. In the public sector they perform a similar role but with the emphasis on ensuring value for money. Some accountants go on to specialise in particular areas after qualifying – such as audit, insolvency, tax, or forensic accounting.
The Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) courses are highly practical and tailored to the needs of the workplace. Each accounting programme is a separate qualification, leading to the application of full professional status providing all stages are complete. If you are logical, organised, analytical and numerate, an accountancy career could be for you.
Accounting qualifications can prove useful across a wide range of careers, particularly in management and finance and in 2016 research showed that 55% of FTSE 100 CEOs had a background in finance. The same research showed that almost one in four CEOs are qualified Chartered Accountants which demonstrates the progression available to those with the ambition and qualifications.
AAT courses and qualifications offer a unique, fast-track route, which enables non-graduates to get ahead in the chartered accountancy profession.
- AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Association of Accounting TechniciansPTLevel 21 Year
- Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2) in Accounting (AAT)FTLevel 212 - 18 Months
- A Level in AccountingFTPTLevel 32 Years
- AAT Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Association of Accounting TechniciansPTLevel 31 Year
- Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3) in Accounting (AAT)FTLevel 318 - 24 Months
- Level 3 Certificate in Financial StudiesFTPTLevel 31 Year
- AAT Level 4 Professional Diploma in Association of Accounting TechniciansPTLevel 41 Year
- Higher Apprenticeship (Level 4) in Accounting (AAT)FTMELevel 412 - 24 Months
- CIMA Level 5 Diploma in Chartered Institute of Management Accounting (Operational Level)PTLevel 51 Year
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information contained on this website is correct, the College accepts no liability for any errors or omissions. Please note that details are subject to change without notice with regard to the provision of courses, course times and dates and the fees and charges levied.
Find out more
at an Open Day
It's great to read about a college and what it has to offer but there's really no substitute for experiencing it at an Open Day.
At our Open Days, our expert staff are on hand to tell you about our courses and what careers they lead to.
They'll also guide you through our application process, explain the different kinds of support available, and talk to you about the huge variety of enrichment activities that you can be part of.
With opportunities to talk to our current students, as well as take part in tours of our campus and halls of residence, an Open Day really is the best way to get a feel for what it's like to be a Loughborough College student.