Does the challenge of cooking the finest food in the fast-paced kitchen environment of a top restaurant appeal to you?
This programme will introduce you to a variety of cookery methods, improving
your competence and developing your practical skills. You will have the
opportunity to enter local, national and international competitions, and may
also take part in a three-week, European placement (subject to funding).
- Boiling, poaching and steaming
- Baking, roasting and braising
- Deep and shallow frying
- Preparing cold food
- Food safety in catering
- Healthier foods and special diets
- Personal workplace skills
- Introduction to kitchen equipment
- English and Maths
- Work placement
- This programme will introduce you to a variety of cookery methods, improving your competence and developing those practical skills which are highly sought after in the industry.
- You will have the opportunity to enter local, national, and international competitions. Previous students have enjoyed these competitions and achieved impressive results.
- You may also take part in a three-week, European placement (subject to funding).
- At the 2011 Welsh International Culinary championships, Loughborough College was voted 'Best Learner Live'.
- At least two GCSEs at grade G/1 or above (or equivalent).
- You should also be able to demonstrate your numeracy and literacy skills through a short test.
Upon completion of this course, you'll have the opportunity to progress on to a variety of courses, such as a Level 2 Diploma in Professional Cookery, or enter directly into employment.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information contained on this website is correct, the College accepts no liability for any errors or omissions. Please note that details are subject to change without notice with regard to the provision of courses, course times and dates and the fees and charges levied.
Find out more
at an Open Day
It's great to read about a college and what it has to offer but there's really no substitute for experiencing it at an Open Day.
At our Open Days, our expert staff are on hand to tell you about our courses and what careers they lead to.
They'll also guide you through our application process, explain the different kinds of support available, and talk to you about the huge variety of enrichment activities that you can be part of.
With opportunities to talk to our current students, as well as take part in tours of our campus and halls of residence, an Open Day really is the best way to get a feel for what it's like to be a Loughborough College student.