Does the challenge of cooking the finest food in the fast-paced kitchen environment of a top restaurant appeal to you?
This programme will introduce you to a variety of cookery methods, improving
your competence and developing your practical skills. You will have the
opportunity to enter local, national and international competitions, and may
also take part in a three-week, European placement (subject to funding).
- Boiling, poaching and steaming
- Baking, roasting and braising
- Deep and shallow frying
- Preparing cold food
- Food safety in catering
- Healthier foods and special diets
- Personal workplace skills
- Introduction to kitchen equipment
- English and Maths
- Work placement
- This programme will introduce you to a variety of cookery methods, improving your competence and developing those practical skills which are highly sought after in the industry.
- You will have the opportunity to enter local, national, and international competitions. Previous students have enjoyed these competitions and achieved impressive results.
- You may also take part in a three-week, European placement (subject to funding).
- At the 2011 Welsh International Culinary championships, Loughborough College was voted 'Best Learner Live'.
- At least two GCSEs at grade G/1 or above (or equivalent).
- You should also be able to demonstrate your numeracy and literacy skills through a short test.
Upon completion of this course, you'll have the opportunity to progress on to a variety of courses, such as a Level 2 Diploma in Professional Cookery, or enter directly into employment.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information contained on this website is correct, the College accepts no liability for any errors or omissions. Please note that details are subject to change without notice with regard to the provision of courses, course times and dates and the fees and charges levied.
Company: Reach for stars ABA schooling