Does the challenge of cooking the finest food in the fast-paced kitchen environment of a top restaurant appeal to you?
This programme will introduce you to a variety of cookery methods, improving
your competence and developing your practical skills. You will have the
opportunity to enter local, national and international competitions.
The fees for this course are currently being confirmed.
Please contact Student Recruitment for more information.
Mode of Attendance:
- Full Time
- September 2024
- Boiling, poaching and steaming
- Baking, roasting and braising
- Deep and shallow frying
- Food safety in catering
- Personal workplace skills
- Introduction to kitchen equipment
- English and Maths
- Work placement
- This programme will introduce you to a variety of cookery methods, improving your competence and developing those practical skills which are highly sought after in the industry.
- You will have the opportunity to enter local, national, and international competitions. Previous students have enjoyed these competitions and achieved impressive results.
- At least two GCSEs at grade G/1 or above (or equivalent).
- You should also be able to demonstrate your numeracy and literacy skills through a short test.
Upon completion of this course, you'll have the opportunity to progress on to a variety of courses, such as a Level 2 Diploma in Culinary Skills, or enter directly into employment.
Students may have the opportunity to study Functional Skills or GCSEs in maths and English.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information contained on this website is correct, the College accepts no liability for any errors or omissions. Please note that details are subject to change without notice with regard to the provision of courses, course times and dates and the fees and charges levied.
It’s great to read about a college and what it has to offer, but there’s really no substitute for experiencing it at our open day.Visit our Open Day
Our team of experts will be able to help answer any questions you have, from finance and funding to requesting a prospectus we’ve got you covered.CONTACT US
Great!, you’ve found the perfect course, now find out how to apply and get start looking forward to starting studying with us!HOW TO APPLY