This full-time programme of study will give you the skills to achieve a Barbering Level 2. You will learn skills, including cutting men’s hair, cutting facial hair, whilst exploring current and emerging trends within the Barbering Industry.
- Working in the hair Industry
- Health and safety
- Shampoo and conditioning hair
- Promoting products and services
- Cut men’s hair
- Cut facial hair
- Colour and lighten hair
- Styling men’s hair
- Perming hair
- Display stock to promote sales in the salon
- Scalp massage
This course also offers
- Visits to national hair shows
- Demonstrations and workshops from specialist Barbers
- Opportunities for work experience (if you are already working in a barber shop this can be used as work experience)
- Two GCSE’s at grade D/3 or above, one being in English or Maths, OR, a Level 1 Hairdressing diploma.
You will need to purchase a barbering kit and uniform. This can be purchased through the College as a kit at cost.
Upon completion of this course, you can further your skills by progressing on to additional short specialist courses, or by entering the Barbering industry, self-employment as a barber or session barber, assessor or trainer.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information contained on this website is correct, the College accepts no liability for any errors or omissions. Please note that details are subject to change without notice with regard to the provision of courses, course times and dates and the fees and charges levied.