This is a qualification for anyone wanting to work with children. It gives you the skills and confidence that you need to either carry on with further study or step straight into a job.
This cutting-edge course explores the development of children from birth to 16 years of age. It covers exciting topics, like children and play, as well as the latest thinking in children's services.
- Equality, diversity and inclusive practice
- Support care routines for babies and young children
- Promote play in an Early Years Setting
- Health and safety of babies and young children
- Partnership working
- Promoting positive behaviour
The course is internally assessed through placement competence, written assignments, and a multiple-choice exam paper.
This course includes:
- placements in primary schools and day nurseries
- guest speakers, who are practising childcare professionals
- a range of teaching methods, adapted to your preferred learning style
- opportunities to upgrade your literacy and numeracy skills
GCSE English and Maths: one at grade C/4 or above, the other at grade D/3 or
A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for courses involving work placement and will be required before going into employment
Upon completion of this course, you could enter employment, as an assistant in a range of early years settings, or continue your studies on the two-year, full- or part-time CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Early Years Education and Care.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information contained on this website is correct, the College accepts no liability for any errors or omissions. Please note that details are subject to change without notice with regard to the provision of courses, course times and dates and the fees and charges levied.
Company: Reach for stars ABA schooling