The TAQA Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (CAVA 6317-33) has been designed to train candidates in the theoretical and practical skills needed to support the assessment process. These qualifications were previously called the D Units or Assessor and Verifier Awards but are now known as the TAQA (Training, Assessor and Quality Assurance) Awards.
The CAVA qualification is intended for those who assess both occupational competence in the work environment and vocational skills, knowledge and understanding in a workshop, classroom or other training environments. This is an ‘in service’ award and candidates must have access to trainees (by job role or placement) in order to complete the process.
The fees for this course are currently being confirmed.
Please contact Student Recruitment for more information.
City & Guilds
Mode of Attendance:
- Part Time
- Introduction to the award and the assessment requirements
- How to plan for assessment
- How to assess candidate's performance and knowledge against national standards
- How to record and process assessment decisions
- How to standardise assessment decisions
- Observation of assessment and feedback skills in the workplace
- Building a portfolio of evidence
The programme is flexible and includes a blend of tutorials, independent study, written work, gathering of evidence, observation of practice and portfolio building.
- Unit 301: Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment
- Unit 302: Assess Occupational Competence in the Work Environment
- Unit 303: Assess Vocational Skills, Knowledge and Understanding
There are many areas in the skills sector where qualifications are gained by on-the-job assessment. Bricklaying, Hairdressing, Health and Social Care, Customer Service and apprenticeship programmes are all examples of areas where such assessment takes place. This means there is a need for trained staff to undertake the role of the assessor for these qualifications.
The certificate qualifies those who assess both occupational competence in
the work environment and vocational skills, knowledge and understanding in a
workshop, classroom or other training environments. This is a transferable
qualification to any sector where the assessor can demonstrate occupational
Candidates for this qualification must:
- Have access to an appropriate assessment centre
- Have access to at least 2 candidates to be assessed
- Have access to an assessor/mentor for countersigning
- Have the potential to study at this level (A-level equivalent)
- Have occupational competency in the qualification they are assessing
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information contained on this website is correct, the College accepts no liability for any errors or omissions. Please note that details are subject to change without notice with regard to the provision of courses, course times and dates and the fees and charges levied.
It’s great to read about a college and what it has to offer, but there’s really no substitute for experiencing it at our open day.Visit our Open Day
Our team of experts will be able to help answer any questions you have, from finance and funding to requesting a prospectus we’ve got you covered.CONTACT US
Great!, you’ve found the perfect course, now find out how to apply and get start looking forward to starting studying with us!HOW TO APPLY