Information for Students, Staff, Parents, Carers and Employers
Loughborough College is re-opening its doors to students on 2nd September 2020 for the start of the new academic year after months of meticulous planning and hard work to create a safe, Covid-secure campus.
The college has completed a comprehensive Covid-19 risk assessment for all our activities and has put in place safety measures that all staff, students and visitors need to comply with.
This includes social distancing, increased cleaning and handwashing facilities and limiting the number of staff and students on campus.
Our measures have been audited and certified by the British Safety Council. You can see our certificate here
All staff and students undertake a safety briefing before returning to campus and we’re also briefing our students about the college’s expectations when they are out in the community.
We have complied with the government’s ‘Five Steps to Safer Working Together’ namely:
- We have carried out a Covid-19 risk assessment and shared the results with staff and students
- We have cleaning, handwashing and hygiene procedures, in line with guidance
- We have taken all reasonable steps to help people work from home
- We have taken all reasonable steps to maintain a 2m distance in the workplace
- Where people cannot be 2m apart, we have done everything practical to manage transmission risk
We have also produced some handy guides to keep students safe and healthy on campus:
Please kindly note that only students who are contacted in advance and undertake a safety briefing can attend campus.
We have put together guidance, information and FAQ's for Students, Applicants and Staff. These will be expanded and updated as more information becomes available, so check back in the future for updates.
Here are a few useful links for students and staff working off-campus.