Information for Students, Staff, Parents, Carers and Employers
Students are at the heart of everything we do and their health and safety is a top priority for Loughborough College. As such, we have taken a safety-first approach throughout the COVID-19 pandemic which has helped minimise the risk of transmitting the virus on campus.
As Covid is still in circulation, we remain vigilant and ask all staff and students to follow our golden rules:
- Hand sanitising – please ensure that you regularly wash/sanitise your hands. There are hand sanitisation points around the College campus;
- Face coverings – these are mandatory in all indoor communal areas (unless you are exempt). They are not required in classrooms or outdoor spaces;
- Social distancing – we encourage everyone to give each other some personal space;
- Testing – please make sure that you are testing at home twice per week, ideally Monday/Thursday and report your results to the NHS: https://www.gov.uk/report-covid19-result
- Close contact with a confirmed case - If you are under 18 ½ or fully vaccinated, you will not be required to self-isolate if you are notified as being a close contact of someone with COVID-19. You will be advised to take a PCR test;
- If you have symptoms or positive lateral flow test – self isolate and book a PCR test. Contact the college team – firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07970 190594;
- If in doubt, stay out – if you feel unwell, please do not take any chances. Stay at home until you feel better and do not come onto campus.
In addition, we have an enhanced cleaning and hygiene regime throughout campus which includes regular sanitisation of classrooms and offices.
Watch this 60-second briefing for the key points: https://youtu.be/_Atk4J50BGI.
Letter from the Secretaries of State for Education and Health
Please click here to access a letter from the Secretaries of State for Education and Health for parents and carers.
Online vaccination bookings for 16-17-year-olds
The Department of Health and Social Care has announced that all 16 and 17 year olds can now book their first COVID-19 vaccination appointment online by clicking here.
You can also find your nearest COVID-19 vaccination centre by clicking here.
If you are in doubt about your health in any way, please do not come to campus and contact our Covid hotline on 07970 190594 or email@example.com to let us know.
We have put together guidance, information and FAQ's for Students, Applicants and Staff. These will be expanded and updated as more information becomes available, so check back in the future for updates.
Here are a few useful links for students and staff working off-campus.