Information for Students, Staff, Parents, Carers and Employers
The National Lockdown – how it affects Loughborough College
The government announced a second national lockdown between 5 November - 2 December 2020. Here’s how it affects Loughborough College:
WHAT WILL STAY OPEN DURING LOCKDOWN:
- College Campus - The college campus will remain open as usual for students to attend classes.
- November Exam resits - GCSE English and Maths exam resits will go ahead as planned within our Covid-secure campus on 2-5 November, 2020 and on 9 November 2020.
- Radmoor Nursery – will remain open as usual.
WHAT WILL BE CLOSED DURING LOCKDOWN:
- Radmoor Health and Fitness Centre – will close on Wednesday, 4 November, in line with the national lockdown guidelines. We are writing to our members to inform them but it will also be closed to the general public throughout the lockdown period.
- Radmoor Restaurant & Bar – will close on Wednesday, 4 November, to in-restaurant bookings.
- Radmoor Salon – will close on Wednesday, 4 November, in line with the national lockdown guidelines.
Loughborough College will remain open under the new rules, as we are required to operate using the government DfE Education Tiers which means the campus is open and operating within our robust, independently accredited safety measures and class bubble system. Travel for education purposed is permitted in all local Covid alert levels.
The college has completed a comprehensive Covid-19 risk assessment for all our activities and has put in place safety measures that all staff, students and visitors need to comply with.
This includes face coverings in communal areas both inside buildings and outside on campus, social distancing, increased cleaning and handwashing facilities and limiting the number of staff and students on campus.
Our measures have been audited and certified by the British Safety Council. You can see our certificate here
All staff and students undertake a safety briefing before returning to campus and we’re also briefing our students about the college’s expectations when they are out in the community.
We have complied with the government’s ‘Five Steps to Safer Working Together’ namely:
- We have carried out a Covid-19 risk assessment and shared the results with staff and students
- We have cleaning, handwashing and hygiene procedures, in line with guidance
- We have taken all reasonable steps to help people work from home
- We have taken all reasonable steps to maintain a 2m distance in the workplace
- Where people cannot be 2m apart, we have done everything practical to manage transmission risk
We have also produced some handy guides to keep students safe and healthy on campus:
Please kindly note that only students who are contacted in advance and undertake a safety briefing can attend campus.
We have put together guidance, information and FAQ's for Students, Applicants and Staff. These will be expanded and updated as more information becomes available, so check back in the future for updates.
Here are a few useful links for students and staff working off-campus.