Information for Students, Staff, Parents, Carers and Employers
From 19th July 2021, Loughborough College will operate under the following guidelines to ensure the campus is safe for staff and students as part of our approach to Step 4 of the Government roadmap. You can read the Government guidelines for colleges here.
We are committed to a safety-first approach, prioritising our learners’ wellbeing and will be using the Government guidance as the minimum standard. We will be maintaining sensible hygiene arrangements and keeping our campus as safe and healthy as possible for everyone.
With this in mind, from 19th July:
- The class bubble system will end to ensure our students can socialise, make the most of college life and enjoy time with friends and there will be measures which will allow this to happen safely
- Hand sanitising – the advice to regularly wash/sanitise your hands remains
- Face coverings – become optional and are encouraged in crowded communal areas
- Social distancing – is encouraged but not mandatory
- Existing arrangements around cleaning and sanitising, wiping down shared areas and classrooms, and keeping to the left in corridors will remain in place.
All staff and students will receive a comprehensive briefing ahead of the new academic year and we will ensure there is regular and clear communication of our expectations.
Although we must learn to live with Covid, it is still important that we exercise some vigilance and, together, continue to keep campus safety at the heart of our practice.
All staff and students are encouraged to carry out twice-weekly testing on campus in the first two weeks back in our testing suite, located on the second floor of The Hub in The View, with the results recorded both on the Government website https://www.gov.uk/report-covid19-result and also to the college here.
If you are in doubt about your health in any way, please do not come to campus and contact our Covid hotline on 07970 190594 or firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.
We have put together guidance, information and FAQ's for Students, Applicants and Staff. These will be expanded and updated as more information becomes available, so check back in the future for updates.
Here are a few useful links for students and staff working off-campus.