Information for Students, Staff, Parents, Carers and Employers
Loughborough College is relaxing some of its Covid-secure measures in line with the Government’s lockdown easing roadmap from Monday, 17th May.
- Are now optional in classrooms or outside areas for staff and students;
- Are now optional in communal areas for students. College staff will still wear face coverings in communal areas;
- Reflecting industry and where social distancing cannot be maintained, face coverings will remain mandatory for example in workshops, labs, salons etc;
- Class bubbles will be able to sit together in outside areas at the tables;
- If not in class bubble, social distancing must be maintained at all times.
- will be re-opened, but with a reduced capacity
- We strongly encourage students to continue with two home tests per week (ideally on Monday and Thursday), with the results recorded both on the Government website https://www.gov.uk/report-covid19-result and also to the college here.
- Home test kits can be collected from the College’s Test Centre, in the View, anytime between 8.30am and 1pm every weekday. There is no need to book an appointment.
- If you record a Positive Lateral Flow (LFD) test, the Government guidance has been updated so that students who had a positive LFD test result, and their close contacts and other members of their household, should self-isolate immediately in line with NHS Test and Trace guidance and while awaiting the PCR result.
- If the PCR test is negative, it overrides the LFD test and the student can return to College, and their close contacts can also end their self-isolation.
- We still require students and staff to observe the 2m social distancing requirement as well and regular hand washing / sanitising.
- Please continue to follow all the national guidelines and ensure social distancing when travelling to and from College and please stay in your class bubbles.
- If you are in doubt about your health in any way, please do not come to campus and contact our Covid hotline on 07970 190594 or email@example.com to let us know.
Our measures are in place so that we can continue to do everything we can to break the chains of transmission of COVID-19 and keep the entire college community as safe as possible.
Watch our safety briefing here: https://vimeo.com/449685260.
We have been certified a Covid secure campus. You can view our certificate here
We have put together guidance, information and FAQ's for Students, Applicants and Staff. These will be expanded and updated as more information becomes available, so check back in the future for updates.
Here are a few useful links for students and staff working off-campus.