If you’re considering a career in Childcare or Health and Social Care, this course is the ideal introduction to the sector for school leavers.
This qualification will develop your knowledge and awareness of the types of provision in the health, social care, and children’s and young people’s sectors. It is a great first step and can help you to decide whether a career in care is right for you.
The fees for this course are currently being confirmed.
Please contact Student Recruitment for more information.
Mode of Attendance:
- Full Time
- September 2024
- Work experience in either a Childcare or Health & Social Care setting
- Opportunities to meet with employers within this sector
- Regular tutorials to consider your own personal and professional development needs
- Sharing learning experiences with children
- Healthy eating for families
- Craft activities for young children
- Health and safety with young children
- Understanding learning and development through play
- Finding out about forest schools
- And much more....
- take part in work experience in either a childcare or health and social care setting
- get opportunities to meet with employers and employees who work in the sector
- attend regular tutorials to consider your own personal and professional development needs
- Four GCSEs at grade E/2 or above, including English and Maths,
- Evidence of commitment to learn,
- A clear DBS check (formerly CRB check),
- Evidence of a minimum 85% attendance.
Progression opportunties include the Level 2 Certifcate in Early Years Education and Care or the BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care.
Students may have the opportunity to study Functional Skills or GCSEs in maths and English.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information contained on this website is correct, the College accepts no liability for any errors or omissions. Please note that details are subject to change without notice with regard to the provision of courses, course times and dates and the fees and charges levied.
It’s great to read about a college and what it has to offer, but there’s really no substitute for experiencing it at our open day.Visit our Open Day
Our team of experts will be able to help answer any questions you have, from finance and funding to requesting a prospectus we’ve got you covered.CONTACT US
Great!, you’ve found the perfect course, now find out how to apply and get start looking forward to starting studying with us!HOW TO APPLY