If you’re considering a career in Childcare or Health and Social Care, this course is the ideal introduction to the sector.
This qualification will develop your knowledge and awareness of the types of provision in the health, social care, and children’s and young people’s sectors. It is a great first step and can help you to decide whether a career in care is right for you.
- Work experience in either a Childcare or Health & Social Care setting
- Opportunities to meet with employers within this sector
- Regular tutorials to consider your own personal and professional development needs
- take part in work experience in either a childcare or health and social care setting
- get opportunities to meet with employers and employees who work in the sector
- attend regular tutorials to consider your own personal and professional development needs
- Four GCSEs at grade E/2 or above, including English and Maths,
- Evidence of commitment to learn,
- A clear DBS check (formerly CRB check),
- Evidence of a minimum 85% attendance.
Applicants aged 19+, with relevant experience but without formal qualifications, are encouraged to apply.
This qualification does not qualify you to work but can help you to decide whether a career in care is right for you.
Progression opportunties include the CACHE Level 2 Certifcate in Early Years Education and Care or the BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information contained on this website is correct, the College accepts no liability for any errors or omissions. Please note that details are subject to change without notice with regard to the provision of courses, course times and dates and the fees and charges levied.