Is English your second language? Do you need help with speaking, listening, reading, or writing? Want to improve your job prospects? If so, our ESOL courses are for you.
Our ESOL courses are for adults living in the UK whose first language is not English. Available at beginner, intermediate, and advanced level, we can help you to take those first steps towards improving your English.
We offer three levels of course:
Beginner For those with very little knowledge of spoken and written English.
Intermediate For those who have achieved a full Skills for Life qualification at Entry 2 (or similar) or those who are assessed at this level.
Advanced For those who have recently achieved a full Skills for Life qualification at Entry 3 (or similar) and are assessed at this level.
During the course you will develop skills in:
- speaking and pronunciation
- listening and understanding in different situations
- reading for understanding in everyday life - signs, notices, letters, newspapers
- writing - alphabet, notes, letters, forms, emails
- spelling, grammar, and punctuation
Certification is by paper-based assessments and assessments of speaking and listening skills.
Candidates are awarded a pass or fail grade.
All levels are taught by friendly, helpful, and experienced staff both in the College and in the local community. Each student will have the opportunity to sit recognised qualifications throughout their course.
We provide you with:
- a choice or daytime or evening classes
- start dates throughout the academic year
- classes held at the College and also