This award has been designed as an introductory qualification for those who aim to teach, tutor, or train in the Lifelong Learning sector; adult or community learning, work-based learning, or teaching in a Further Education college.
Teaching hours are not needed to achieve this qualification.
- understand the role, responsibilities, and boundaries in relation to teaching/training
- understand the importance of embedding Functional Skills within lessons
- demonstrate session planning skills and how to create a scheme of work
- understand how to deliver inclusive sessions
- understand the use of different assessment methods and the need for record keeping
- deliver a short micro-teaching session to your peers
This award will help new teachers, tutors, or trainers to develop the skills and understanding required for teaching and training in the Lifelong Learning sector.
The study programme provides a solid foundation for further teaching qualifications which may eventually result in either Associate or Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (A/QTLS) status.
- It would be desirable for you to possess a Level 2 literacy qualification, as well as a Level 3 qualification in your subject area and/or a significant amount of relevant work experience.
Completion of this qualification may lead to enrolment on to the College's DET programme (Diploma in Education and Training) if a teaching role has been secured and entry requirements for the DET have been fulfilled.
For more information, please contact email@example.com
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information contained on this website is correct, the College accepts no liability for any errors or omissions. Please note that details are subject to change without notice with regard to the provision of courses, course times and dates and the fees and charges levied.