Everyone at Loughborough College wishes the very best of luck to our elite sports students, past and present, who are proudly flying the flag for Team GB in Tokyo this summer.
More than 30 Olympic and Paralympic hopefuls will compete on the global stage having passed through the College’s historic corridors in recent years.
In the Paralympics, we have a strong field of medal hopefuls including multi-European 100m champs Sophie Hahn and Tom Young; long jumper Olivia Breen; swimming legend Ellie Simmonds OBE and Paralympic champion Libby Clegg in the 200m.
In the Olympics, our medal hopefuls include teenage middle-distance sensation Keely Hodgkinson and her team mate Jemma Reekie in the 800m, along with Team GB footballers Steph Houghton, Jill Scott and Ellen White.
The Olympic Games begin today (23rd July) with the opening ceremony until 8th August 2021 while the Paralympic Games begin on 24th August until 5th September 2021.
Our full list of competitors:
- Daryll Neita – women’s 100m & 4x100m relay
- Ama Pipi – women’s 400m & 4x400m relay
- Keely Hodgkinson – women’s 800m
- Jemma Reekie – women’s 800m
- Aimee Pratt – 3,000m steeplechase
- Jessica Turner – 400m hurdles & 4x400m relay
- Reece Prescod – men’s 100m & men’s 4x100m relay
- Oliver Dustin – men’s 800m
- Jake Heyward – men’s 1,500m
- Tom Gale – men’s high jump
- Taylor Campbell – men’s hammer
- Richard Kilty – men’s 4x100m relay
- Matthew Hudson-Smith – men’s 4x400m relay
- Megan Jones (Captain) & Celia Quansah – Women’s Sevens Rugby
- Alex Davis – Men’s Sevens Rugby
- Zoe Smith – Weightlifting (current learner)
- Lauren Williams - Taekwondo
- Bradly Sinden – Taekwondo
- Molly Renshaw – 200m Breast Stroke
- Abbie Wood - 200m individual medley and 200m breaststroke.
- Steph Houghton, Jill Scott and Ellen White – Team GB Women’s Football
- Luke Greenbank - 200m Backstroke
- Chris Griffiths - Men’s Hockey
- Sophie Hahn – Women’s 100m & 4x100m Relay (current learner)
- Libby Clegg – Women’s 200m & 4x100m Relay
- Thomas Young – Men’s 100m
- Olivia Breen – Women’s Long Jump and Women’s 100m
- George Peasgood – Men’s Triathlon
- Ellie Simmonds OBE – Women’s S6 swimming
- Aaron McKibbin and Ross Wilson – Table Tennis
- Lydia Church – Shot (Current learner)
- Zak Skinner – Long jump and 100m