- Working within a team of people across any area(s) of the factory which may include Hosiery, Knitting, Weaving and Post-Knitting in order to support the conversion of raw materials into finished goods.
- In depth maintenance, set-up and operation of knitting and/or weaving equipment (as trained competent to work on) including ancillary equipment (i.e. flowpack, rolling or bagging sealers) and systems such as MUDATA, DINEMA, on-line printers and other associated devices.
- Contribution to new development projects, product or process improvements and people development in order to improve our product offering, quality and/or skills base.
- Pushing our capabilities and identifying new possibilities for our existing equipment or identifying new processes that could improve our capabilities.
- Management of equipment relevant to production area assigned to ensure product meets the required quality standards and specification.
- Working with quality to ensure checks as required by QC processes to ensure compliance to manufacturing specifications making adjustments to the process where necessary to meet the specifications.
- Identifying areas where we can improve and highlighting these to the relevant Team Leader or Manager so that we can reduce our faults and waste. Contributing to the reduction of waste through process adjustment and improvement.
- Isolate/highlight any faults identified in accordance with operation procedures.
- Planned preventative/reactive maintenance of production equipment including the recording of downtime and repair costs (parts) in order that we can manage the overall cost of production.
- Adherence to our batch control system and recording of data as required.
- Movement of production and materials to and between production stages.
- Safe and proper storage of goods.
- Rotation of stock to ensure FIFO (First In First Out) is maintained in line with excellent batch control.
- Movement and safe compaction/disposal of waste materials.
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping and location control.
- Ensure a safe working environment and approach to your/your teams work.
- Ensures a pro-active, fact based approach to all forms of waste material and time. Highlight loss and damage to the Team Leader or Production Manager.
- Acts positively to bring the best with the team through positive communication.
- Promotes a positive and professional working ethos.
Requirements and prospects
- Positive work ethos
- Problem solver
About the employer
Urgo Medical has achieved its objective of becoming a major contributor to the UK wound healing community, and are now number 4 in the current market place We offer a complete range of wounds management dressing and bandages. The range of high quality, innovative and sophisticated products has been developed to meet the constantly changing and growing expectations of healthcare professionals. Urgo wound healing solutions are designed to encourage better wound-healing and improve quality of life patients whilst maintaining cost effectiveness and acknowledging budgetary constraints.