This course is designed to provide you with a wide range of knowledge and skills needed for a career in the public services.
The Level 1 course is aimed at school leavers who are seeking a broad academic and practical qualification, delivered in an adult environment. Not only is this course unique, interesting, and challenging; it also offers vocational tasking and visits to public service environments which, when combined with the main qualification, further enhance your goal of succeeding in your chosen career.
The fees for this course are currently being confirmed.
Please contact Student Recruitment for more information.
Mode of Attendance:
- Full Time
- September 2024
The course consists of a range of units, split over two semesters. Units include:
All units are assessed by portfolio and are externally moderated; some assessment is practical.
You will be required to wear a uniform for this course.
- Guest speakers from a range of public services, including the Fire Service, Royal Marines, Royal Navy, RAF, Armed Forces, and Prison Service, come to College to talk to you about living and working in these professions.
- You may take part in residential visits to public service bodies such as the Armed Forces, Police Headquarters, the Fire Service, or a prison.
- Outdoor activities include short expeditions, which are designed to enable you to work as part of a team and build self-confidence.
- Two GCSEs at grade G or above and a successful interview.
- You must be motivated and able to take some responsibility for your own learning, as well as have a good record of school attendance.
- All students will be expected to demonstrate a commitment to a career in a public service.
If you are successful, you may progress on to the Level 2 Extended Certificate in Public Services at Loughborough College.
Students may have the opportunity to study Functional Skills or GCSEs in maths and English.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information contained on this website is correct, the College accepts no liability for any errors or omissions. Please note that details are subject to change without notice with regard to the provision of courses, course times and dates and the fees and charges levied.
It’s great to read about a college and what it has to offer, but there’s really no substitute for experiencing it at our open day.Visit our Open Day
Our team of experts will be able to help answer any questions you have, from finance and funding to requesting a prospectus we’ve got you covered.CONTACT US
Great!, you’ve found the perfect course, now find out how to apply and get start looking forward to starting studying with us!HOW TO APPLY