This course is for those wanting a career in the public services, including the Police, Paramedics, Army, Royal Navy, Royal Marines, or Fire and Rescue Services. This course is the equivalent of four GCSEs at grade C/4 or above and can act as a progression route to Level 3 courses and then to Higher Education.
The fees for this course are currently being confirmed.
Please contact Student Recruitment for more information.
Mode of Attendance:
- Full Time
- September 2024
You will study a range of units from the following:
- The Role and Work of the Public Services(Exam)
- Citizenship, Society, and the Public Services (Exam)
- Working Skills in the Public Service Sector
- Crime and Effects on Society and Individuals
- Community and Cultural Awareness
- Expeditions by Map and Compass
- Security Procedures
- Health and Lifestyle
- Employment in Public Service
You will be assessed through a range of practical activities, projects, short tasks, and presentations, as well as written, work-based assignments and exams to test your knowledge, skills, and understanding.
- have the opportunity to work towards achieving Functional Skills in English and Maths, Edexcel Work Skills, as well as various opportunities for volunteering
- have opportunities to visit a variety of public service organisations and gain knowledge of the industry from guest speakers
- have plenty of chances to take part in team building activities
- At least four GCSEs at grade D, including English and Maths.
Successful completion of this course will enhance your chance of progressing on to the BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate in Public Services at Loughborough College. The direction you choose could be towards a uniformed or non-uniformed public service career.
This course can also act as a stepping stone to a range of careers not necessarily related to the public services, such as in the sport or business sectors.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information contained on this website is correct, the College accepts no liability for any errors or omissions. Please note that details are subject to change without notice with regard to the provision of courses, course times and dates and the fees and charges levied.
It’s great to read about a college and what it has to offer, but there’s really no substitute for experiencing it at our open day.Visit our Open Day
Our team of experts will be able to help answer any questions you have, from finance and funding to requesting a prospectus we’ve got you covered.CONTACT US
Great!, you’ve found the perfect course, now find out how to apply and get start looking forward to starting studying with us!HOW TO APPLY