If you are considering a career in any of the Public Service sectors, such as Police, Para Medic, Fire Service, Prison Service, Armed Forces, Customs and Excise, or any Security Organisation, our Public Service courses will help you take your first steps into your new exciting career.
Or if you are still undecided in your career path, would like a qualification equivalent to 3 A levels, want a route into university or simply wish to become more employable and keep your career options open, then this is the course for you.
This course has a large female cohort who are currently in strong demand from the public services sector.
We have helped former students launch their many varied careers including: Criminologists, Teachers, Lawyers, Disaster Managers, Para Medics, Police Officers, Airport Security Officers, Dog Handlers, Border Force Officers, Outdoor Educational staff, A Doctor of Philosophy in Fluid Mechanics, Ballistics Investigator, Intelligence Officer, Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Royal Marines, Submariners, Civil Servants in Government, Probation Officers, MOD Police Officers, Project Managers, Drivers, Chefs, Financial Fraud Officers, Physical Training Instructors, Crypto Analysts, United Nations Officers, to name a few.
Do you have a big ambition to pursue the world of Public Service and make a difference? Join us.
The fees for this course are currently being confirmed.
Please contact Student Recruitment for more information.
Mode of Attendance:
- Full Time
- September 2024
There are over 18 modules covered on the course, including:
- Outdoor/Adventurous Expeditions
- Citizenship and Diversity
- Behaviour and Discipline
- Physical Preparation, Health and Wellbeing
- Teamwork, Leadership and Communication
- Police Powers and Law
- Global Affairs and the Media
- Government and the Protective Services
- Responding to Emergency Incidents
- Custodial Care (Prison Based)
- Developing Personal Fitness
The course is assessed continually through a range of practical, hands-on activities, including role play, observations, presentations, posters, brochures, and written essay work.
- You may have the opportunity to work towards achieving Edexcel Work skills plus, Community Sports Leaders award, First Aid and Volunteering
- You may visit a variety of Public Service organisations, listen to talks by guest speakers from the industry and take part in residentials at Public Service establishments, as well as expedition weekends.
- You will be expected to join a gym and to take part in extra curriculum activities; Army Cadet Force, voluntary work or taking part in local sporting activities.
- At least five GCSEs a grade C or above, including English and Maths
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for courses involving work placement and is required for course involving work placement with vulnerable groups.
Successful completion of the course will enhance your chance of entry into a uniformed service but cannot guarantee entry as this is subject to you meeting separate entry requirements.
You can also use this course to progress on to an HND course, a Foundation Degree, or a bachelor's degree.
The course can also act as a stepping stone to a range of careers not necessarily related to the uniformed services but which require you to be educated to A Level-standard.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information contained on this website is correct, the College accepts no liability for any errors or omissions. Please note that details are subject to change without notice with regard to the provision of courses, course times and dates and the fees and charges levied.
It’s great to read about a college and what it has to offer, but there’s really no substitute for experiencing it at our open day.Visit our Open Day
Our team of experts will be able to help answer any questions you have, from finance and funding to requesting a prospectus we’ve got you covered.CONTACT US
Great!, you’ve found the perfect course, now find out how to apply and get start looking forward to starting studying with us!HOW TO APPLY