- Be a reliable member of the team, working co –operatively and with flexibility.
- Learn how to develop positive relationships with children, parents/carers, colleagues and outside agencies.
- To arrive promptly and on time in the nursery and for training.
- To follow the correct company uniform policy every day.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Attend induction training and sign-up procedure onto apprenticeship programme.
- Work proactively with your assessor to progress effectively through the programme, completing coursework in a timely manner.
- Attend staff meetings and training as required.
- Participate in self development activities including supervisions, webinars and online training.
Childcare and Education
- Ensure that children are kept safe and follow the safeguarding procedures at all times.
- Learn how to assist with planning activities suitable for the age range of the children, following the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- Assist with developing a stimulating, attractive and enabling environment both indoors and out.
- Assist with the supervision of children at play and during daily routines.
- Understand that each child is an individual and gain a general understanding of childcare and child development.
- Learn how to observe each child’s play, assess their progress and use the information to plan for their next steps for learning.
Health and Safety
- Be fully aware of all emergency and security procedures.
- Operate the highest standard of hygiene and cleanliness throughout the nursery.
- Ensure the general cleanliness of the children at all times.
- Assist with the care and maintenance of all equipment and toys within the nursery.
Requirements and prospects
- Be approachable, caring and have a passion for working with children.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience of working with children under the age of 5.
- Enthusiastic, with a can do attitude.
- Ability to follow instruction and use own initiative.
- Prepared to complete coursework alongside employment.
- Prepared to undertake professional development as required.
- Reliable, enthusiastic and flexible.
- Ability to work as part of a team.