Workers in this unit group assist in the preparation and service of food and beverages in restaurants, cafés and other eating establishments, and perform various cleaning, fetching and carrying tasks.
Current Entry Requirements
There are no formal academic entry requirements. Training is typically received on-the-job. NVQs/ SVQs in relevant areas are available at Levels 1 and 2.
Typical education level:Level 1-3
- Cleans or prepares food for cooks by hand or machine.
- Carries meat, vegetables and other foodstuffs from delivery van to storeroom and from storeroom to kitchen.
- Cleans and tidies service area, kitchen surfaces, crockery, cutlery, glassware, kitchen utensils and disposes of rubbish.
- Prepares and serves beverages and light refreshments, accepts payment and gives change.
- Keeps service area well stocked.
related to this Career