Financial support available to students and how to apply.
Loughborough College has a number of bursary and scholarship programmes available to students which are detailed in the College’s Access agreements available here. These are summarised as follows;
- Achievement scholarships for students progressing from Loughborough College internally in to Loughborough College Higher Education between £250 or £500, and a further £250 or £500 at the end of the academic year for successful completion of each stage with pass and progress profile.
- The size of payment available is dependent on the grade profile achieved on your Level 3 programme at the point of entry to Level 4
- A total of £500 pa is available to those students having achieved >111 UCAS points on commencing their degree programme.
- A total of £1,000pa is available to those students having achieved >79 UCAS points on commencing their degree programme.
- More detailed information available at https://www.loucoll.ac.uk/student-services/support/financial
- Elite sports scholarships for those students enrolled on a degree programme are available each year. The criteria and size of award for these scholarships may change depending on the number and level of competition achieved by eligible students. Typically students will need to be competing at an International level in order to qualify.
- A Part time and Mature student Scholarship of £250 is available to all part time mature students enrolling with Loughborough College Higher Education, who studied their Level 3 qualification with Loughborough College.
- A Care Leavers Scholarship of £1,000 is available to a maximum of three students who are identified as a care leaver and are enrolled with Loughborough College Higher Education.
- The Access to Learning Fund is a fund available to assist any student enrolled with Loughborough College Higher Education, who find themselves in financial difficulty which is affecting their ability to access tuition or study. The amount available will be assessed on a student by student basis and is subject to meeting criteria.
- There is a guarantee of a free laptop available to all students who progress from completing a Level 3 qualification at Loughborough College to enrolling on a degree programme with Loughborough College Higher Education, regardless of qualifications on entry. This laptop will be provided to all eligible students once they have remained enrolled for a period of six weeks.
Application forms and guidance for applicants are available from either the Higher Education Student Registry office (01509) 515428 or by emailing Student.firstname.lastname@example.org or from the Student Support team (01509) 618375 or by emailing email@example.com
Statement relating to fee inflation
Students enrolling onto a Degree level programme with Loughborough College are guaranteed to be charged a fixed price for their annual tuition fee for the duration of their programme. Students are indemnified by the College against inflationary year on year rises in this respect. The tuition fee charged in the first year will continue to be the fee charged in all subsequent years of study assuming the mode of study remains the same and the student remains enrolled continuously.