This course will suit people who are interested in the health and social care services.
It is relevant for people who would like to work in nursing, social work, home/day care, or residential care, as well as in more general careers involving work with children, young people, adults, or older people.
- Equality, Diversity and Rights
- Sociological Perspectives for Health and Social Care
- Psychological Perspectives for Health and Social Care
- Human Development and Growth
- Safeguarding in Health and Social Care
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Working in Health and Social Care
- Reflective Practice
- There will be guest speakers who are practising health and social care professionals.
- Tutors will use a range of teaching methods and try to adapt to your preferred learning style.
- This course may be eligible for the new 24 Plus Advanced Learning Loan.
As well as entering employment, you could progress on to vocational degrees in nursing, occupational therapy, social work, or youth and community work. You could also progress on to relevant academic degrees in areas such as criminology, psychology, sociology, or social policy.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information contained on this website is correct, the College accepts no liability for any errors or omissions. Please note that details are subject to change without notice with regard to the provision of courses, course times and dates and the fees and charges levied.
Find out more
at an Open Day
It's great to read about a college and what it has to offer but there's really no substitute for experiencing it at an Open Day.
At our Open Days, our expert staff are on hand to tell you about our courses and what careers they lead to.
They'll also guide you through our application process, explain the different kinds of support available, and talk to you about the huge variety of enrichment activities that you can be part of.
With opportunities to talk to our current students, as well as take part in tours of our campus and halls of residence, an Open Day really is the best way to get a feel for what it's like to be a Loughborough College student.