This course will suit people who are interested in the health and social care services.
It is relevant for people who would like to work in nursing, social work, home/day care, or residential care, as well as in more general careers involving work with children, young people, adults, or older people.
The fees for this course are currently being confirmed.
Please contact Student Recruitment for more information.
Mode of Attendance:
- Full Time
- September 2024
- Equality, Diversity and Rights
- Sociological Perspectives for Health and Social Care
- Psychological Perspectives for Health and Social Care
- Human Development and Growth
- Safeguarding in Health and Social Care
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Working in Health and Social Care
- Reflective Practice
- There will be guest speakers who are practising health and social care professionals.
- Tutors will use a range of teaching methods and try to adapt to your preferred learning style.
- This course may be eligible for the new Advanced Learner Loans.
EntryAt least five GCSEs at grade C/4 or above, including English and Maths.
A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for courses involving work placement and will be required before going into employment.
As well as entering employment, you could progress on to vocational degrees in nursing, occupational therapy, social work, or youth and community work. You could also progress on to relevant academic degrees in areas such as criminology, psychology, sociology, or social policy.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information contained on this website is correct, the College accepts no liability for any errors or omissions. Please note that details are subject to change without notice with regard to the provision of courses, course times and dates and the fees and charges levied.
It’s great to read about a college and what it has to offer, but there’s really no substitute for experiencing it at our open day.Visit our Open Day
Our team of experts will be able to help answer any questions you have, from finance and funding to requesting a prospectus we’ve got you covered.CONTACT US
Great!, you’ve found the perfect course, now find out how to apply and get start looking forward to starting studying with us!HOW TO APPLY