This course is aimed at anybody interested in learning about the full range of routine vehicle fitting procedures. It provides essential knowledge and skills for vehicle mechanics working on a variety of vehicles.
It covers both theoretical and practical aspects of vehicle maintenance and repair, with assessments consisting of practical demonstration, phase tests, and online tests. The course focuses on employability skills to aid your progression.
- Routine maintenance on a variety of vehicles
- Engine and lubrication systems
- Cooling systems
- Inspecting and replacing light vehicle clutches
- Exhaust components
- Suspension systems, batteries, charging systems, and braking systems
- Body electrical systems
- English and Maths
This course also offers
- industry-standard workshops
- expert teaching staff
- various trips and visits
- At least four GCSEs at grade D/3 or above, including English and Maths, or
- a Level 1 automotive qualification, plus Functional Skills English and Maths at Level 2, or
- substantial experience of vehicle fitting.
There is the opportunity to progress on to a Level 3 course for those that demonstrate advanced diagnostic skills and have suitable references from a previous course.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information contained on this website is correct, the College accepts no liability for any errors or omissions. Please note that details are subject to change without notice with regard to the provision of courses, course times and dates and the fees and charges levied.