This Level 2 Diploma is aimed at anybody interested in learning about the full range of routine vehicle fitting procedures and provides essential knowledge and skills for vehicle mechanics working on a variety of vehicles. Assessments consist of thorough practical demonstration, phase tests, and online tests after every unit.
This course provides you with the opportunity to study both theoretical and practical aspects of some of the following:
- knowledge of routine maintenance on a variety of vehicles
- engine and lubrication systems
- cooling systems
- inspecting and replacing light vehicle clutches, exhaust components, suspension dampers, batteries and charging systems, and braking systems
- safe use of oxy-acetylene and basic welding studies
- assessing and securing a roadside situation
Functional Skills elements are also compulsory elements of the course.
This course also offers
- industry-standard workshops
- expert teaching staff
- various trips and visits
- At least four GCSEs at grade D or above, including English and Maths, or
- a Level 1 automotive qualification, plus Functional Skills English and Maths at Level 2, or
- substantial experience of vehicle fitting.
There is the opportunity to progress on to a Level 3 course for those that demonstrate advanced diagnostic skills and have suitable references from a previous course.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information contained on this website is correct, the College accepts no liability for any errors or omissions. Please note that details are subject to change without notice with regard to the provision of courses, course times and dates and the fees and charges levied.
Find out more
at an Open Day
It's great to read about a college and what it has to offer but there's really no substitute for experiencing it at an Open Day.
At our Open Days, our expert staff are on hand to tell you about our courses and what careers they lead to.
They'll also guide you through our application process, explain the different kinds of support available, and talk to you about the huge variety of enrichment activities that you can be part of.
With opportunities to talk to our current students, as well as take part in tours of our campus and halls of residence, an Open Day really is the best way to get a feel for what it's like to be a Loughborough College student.