This qualification covers the technical needs of today’s motor vehicle repair industry, working on all types of light vehicles. It’s ideal for anyone looking to be a vehicle technician or mot tester. Challenge in a practical working environment.
Covering all light vehicle technologies at an advanced level, learners will be expected to carry out practical diagnostic fault-finding tasks. As a practical-based course, it provides the essential knowledge to be a service technician working on cars and vans in all types of garages, dealerships, and maintenance depots.
- Light vehicle diagnosis and repair principles of engine systems
- Braking systems
- Steering systems
- Suspension systems
- Electrical systems
- Work experience
This course also offers
- Industry-standard workshops
- Expert teaching staff
- At least five GCSEs at grade C/4 or above, including English and Maths
- Level 2 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Substantial prior attainment in the automotive industry.
- You will also need to have a satisfactory reference from your previous course.
Upon completion of this course, you can progress on to further study or enter into employment in the automotive industry as, for example, a vehicle technician or MOT tester.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information contained on this website is correct, the College accepts no liability for any errors or omissions. Please note that details are subject to change without notice with regard to the provision of courses, course times and dates and the fees and charges levied.