Chemical scientists analyse and research physical aspects of chemical structure and change within substances and develop chemical techniques used in the manufacture or modification of natural substances and processed products.
Current Entry Requirements
Entrants usually possess a degree. Entry may also be possible with an appropriate BTEC/SQA award, an Advanced GNVQ/GSVQ Level III, or other academic qualifications. Further specialist training is provided on the job. Some employers may expect entrants to gain professional qualifications.
Typical education level:Level 4-6
- Develops experimental procedures, instruments and recording and testing systems.
- Conducts experiments to identify chemical composition, energy and chemical changes in natural substances and processed materials.
- Analyses results and experimental data.
- Tests techniques and processes for reliability under a variety of conditions.
- Develops procedures for quality control of manufactured products.
related to this Career
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in EngineeringFTLevel 32 Years
- A Level in ChemistryFTPTLevel 31 Year
- Level 1 in Engineering and Electrical InstallationFTLevel 11 Year
- Subject AreaA Levels
- Subject AreaAS and A2 Levels
- Subject AreaElectrical Installation
- Subject AreaEngineering
- Subject AreaFoundation Learning
- Subject AreaScience
- Subject AreaVocational