Electrical and electronics technicians perform a variety of miscellaneous technical support functions to assist with the design, development, installation, operation and maintenance of electrical and electronic systems.
Current Entry Requirements
Entrants usually possess GCSEs/S grades, an Intermediate GNVQ/GSVQ Level II or a BTEC/ SQA award. NVQs/SVQs in Servicing Electronic Systems are available at Levels 2 and 3.
Typical education level:Level 4-6
- Plans and prepares work and test schedules based on specifications and drawings.
- Sets up equipment, undertakes tests, takes readings, performs calculations and records and interprets data.
- Plans installation methods, checks completed installation for safety and controls or undertakes the initial running of the new electrical or electronic equipment or system.
- Diagnoses and detects faults and implements procedures to maintain efficient operation of systems and equipment.
- Visits and advises clients on the use and servicing of electrical and electronic systems and equipment.
related to this Career
- EAL Level 2 Diploma in Electrical InstallationPTLevel 22 Years
- City & Guilds Level 3 Awards in Initial/Periodic Inspection and Testing: 2394 and 2395PTLevel 311 - 15 Weeks
- City & Guilds 2382-15 Level 3 Award in Requirements for Electrical Installations BS 7671: July 2015PTLevel 3Array
- BSc (Hons) in Engineering (Top-up Degree)FTPTLevel 61 Year
- Subject AreaElectrical Installation
- Subject AreaEngineering
- Subject AreaHigher Education
- Subject AreaVocational