This extended certificate covers a variety of sport-related modules and provides opportunities to achieve additional qualifications in leadership, literacy and numeracy.
This GCSE-level course is designed for students wanting to specialise in the wider contexts of coaching, anatomy and physiology, or psychology, or for progression on to higher-level courses.
- Practical Sport
- Anatomy and Physiology for Sport
- Psychology for Sports Performance
- Effects of Exercise on the Body Systems
- Work Experience
There are a range of trips and team-building activities included throughout this course and you will also have the opportunity to trial for College Academy Sport teams.
- Four GCSEs at grade D/3 or above, one being in English or Maths, or
- a Level 1 qualification, such as a BTEC Level 1 Diploma in Sport and Active Leisure, plus an ability to operate at Level 1 in either English or Maths.
- Mature students will be considered based on their previous qualifications and/or relevant work experience.
You will be able to progress onto a vocational Level 2 course (e.g. NVQ Level 2 in Sports Coaching: Activity Leadership or Level 2 Diploma in Teaching Exercise and Fitness), onto a Level 3 course (e.g. Level 3 in Sport), or into employment.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information contained on this website is correct, the College accepts no liability for any errors or omissions. Please note that details are subject to change without notice with regard to the provision of courses, course times and dates and the fees and charges levied.