This course is for exercise professionals who are looking to develop their knowledge of safe and effective exercise programming for clients with respiratory disease.
The fees for this course are currently being confirmed.
Please contact Student Recruitment for more information.
Mode of Attendance:
- Part Time
11 - 15 Weeks
- September 2024
This distance learning course aims to provide candidates with the knowledge and skills required to design, agree and adapt a physical activity programme for adults with chronic respiratory disease.
- The causes and management of breathlessness client safety, contraindications to exercise and reasons for stopping exercise
- How different body systems change with age and the considerations for exercise programming for individuals with chronic respiratory disease and additional clinical conditions
- How to design and agree review and adapt a physical activity programme for clients with chronic respiratory disease
By the end of the course candidates will have an understanding of:
- The respiratory system, components of respiration, and common respiratory conditions
- Medications and delivery devices used in the treatment of chronic respiratory disease
- The physiological responses to exercise for this client group and the pulmonary rehabilitation assessment process
- Pulmonary rehabilitation and the principles of exercise programming for individuals with chronic respiratory disease participating in community based sessions
- A written exam paper comprising multiple choice, short and long answer questions: This will be of 90 mins duration and will be based on sections of the course manual.
- A written case study based on a patient you have observed in pulmonary rehabilitation including prescription of a programme for this patient if they were to be referred to you in the community.
- Viva (if required) to clarify any areas questioned in the written submission
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information contained on this website is correct, the College accepts no liability for any errors or omissions. Please note that details are subject to change without notice with regard to the provision of courses, course times and dates and the fees and charges levied.
It’s great to read about a college and what it has to offer, but there’s really no substitute for experiencing it at our open day.Visit our Open Day
Our team of experts will be able to help answer any questions you have, from finance and funding to requesting a prospectus we’ve got you covered.CONTACT US
Great!, you’ve found the perfect course, now find out how to apply and get start looking forward to starting studying with us!HOW TO APPLY